Dear Members, Partners and Friends,
We are cordially inviting you to our traditional financial outlook webinar “Latin America in a new world”, offered by our patron UBS, on February 7, 2024, at 5.00-6.00 pm (Swiss time), which will focus on these questions and more.
- The world is experiencing major change in the realm of technology and geopolitics.
- Latin America is exposed to a combination of opportunities and risks in this context.
- On the one hand, the region attracts for its ability to supply commodities, contribute to the energy transition, and collaborate in the reorganization of global supply chains.
- On the other hand, the region exhibits domestic challenges in terms of poor quality of institutions and high levels of violence, and does not seem to be at the forefront of the technological revolution.
- What implications does this have for the economic and investment outlook in the region?
Alejo Czerwonko is Chief Investment Officer, Emerging Markets Americas, at UBS Global Wealth Management, based in New York. In this capacity, Alejo leads a team of analysts focusing on emerging markets macro-economics and the development of investment ideas in these markets, influencing the allocation of billions of dollars of the firm’s assets under management.
He is a member of the CIO Americas Management Committee and the Wealth Management Latin America Management Committee. Alejo is also a member of the Advisory Board of the Wilson Center’s Latin America Program, the leading global think tank based in Washington, D.C. Alejo frequently appears on Bloomberg Television, CNBC, and CNN, and regularly contributes to financial publications including the Financial Times, Bloomberg, Reuters, and the Wall Street Journal.
Alejo earned a PhD in economics from Columbia University. He also holds a degree in economics and finance from Tilburg University and Universidad del CEMA. He is an Adjunct Professor at Columbia’s School of International and Public Affairs, where he teaches a course on emerging markets.
Matthias Musch has been with UBS Switzerland AG since 2017 in his capacity as Managing Director and Head of Wealth Management International Latin America. He is also a Member of the Board of Directors for UBS Panama.
From 1993-2017, Matthias worked in different management capacities for Deutsche Bank AG in Switzerland, Germany and Latin America, covering a wide spectrum of activities first in the corporate and investment banking division, then in the private wealth management division.
Matthias has a Bachelor’s degree from University of Hagen, Germany.
For Alejo’s slide presentation, please click on the following LINK.
To view the webinar recording, please go to our YouTube channel LATCAM SWITZERLAND.