TALKING BUSINESS: LATIN AMERICA
October 20, 2021, 5.15-6.45 pm (Swiss time)
The Talking Business sessions are four interactive events for representatives of the private sector in Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Latin America and Middle East & North Africa. The sessions are organized in the context of the 7th World Investment Forum, which will take place online October 18-22, 2021.
The session on Latin America, for which UNCTAD has invited LATCAM to collaborate, will provide the opportunity to private sector representatives investing and/or operating a business in Latin America to share their experiences, and highlight the opportunities and challenges they encounter, in particular in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and for the recovery. They will also be asked to present how their activities can contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). An interactive Q&A session will follow to exchange with government officials and other private sector stakeholders.
5.15-5.20 pm Opening remarks
Tatjana Gaspar, Managing Director, Latin American Chamber of Commerce in Switzerland
5.20-6.10 pm Experiences from private sector representatives
Angelo Colombo, Regional Chief Executive Officer Latin America, Swiss Re
Patrick Furrer, Country Manager Chile, AFRY (Chile) Ltda.
Vicente Magaña Hernández, President and CEO, ABB Mexico
Dr. Philippe G. Nell, Former Deputy Assistant State Secretary for Bilateral Economic Relations, State Secretariat for Economic Affairs, Switzerland; Honorary Ambassador, Latin American Chamber of Commerce in Switzerland; University Lecturer
6.10-6.40 pm Q&A with the audience
6.40-6.45 pm Closing remarks
Chantal Dupasquier, UNCTAD
Issues to be addressed
- What are the opportunities and challenges in investing in and operating a business in Latin America?
- What investment policy reforms should be considered priorities by your host governments?
- Which recent investment policy reforms has enabled you to improve your business perspectives?
- How did the COVID-19 pandemic affect these priorities?
- What contribution can your business make to the SDGs in the countries you are operating in?
- What measures will allow your business to grow and increase its contribution to the SDGs?
To view the Program and Speakers of the 7th World Investment Forum, please click on the following LINK.
The webinar recording will be available shortly.